In 2016 we were approached by Manchester City Council and Greater Manchester Police to work within their Community Safety Partnership to help build capacity in the night time economy team in order to deal with the ever-changing needs of the city centre.
We were retained for 14 months and our work included:
- Conducting a comprehensive night time economy review
- Performing the role of Night Time Economy Manager on a temporary basis
- Building a night time economy partnership strategy board
- Creating a night time economy strategy for the city centre
- Launching a Safe Space in Manchester Royal Infirmary
- Securing funding for and launching a Christmas Welfare Unit
- Working with Drinkaware and venues to launch Club Crew
- Designing a night time economy volunteer training program, and
- Supporting voluntary groups to build capacity to better support emergency services.